At Canopy Rivers Corporation (“Canopy Rivers”, “ we”, “ us” or “ our”), we are committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality
to do so, we may not be able to provide you with the services and communications that are available through the Website.
Please review this entire document carefully.
Canopy Rivers is subject to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada) and applicable Canadian provincial privacy legislation. Privacy laws vary by jurisdiction. You acknowledge and agree that
access to the Website and the services that are available through the Website are provided via the Internet and that your information, including personal information, may be transferred across national borders and stored or processed in accordance
What is personal information?
What personal information do we collect?
We collect and maintain different types of personal information in respect of the individuals with whom we interact. This personal information may include, but is not limited to:
- contact and identification information, such as your name and e-mail address; and
- employment information, such as the name of the company that you work for.
As a general rule, Canopy Rivers collects personal information directly from you. In most other circumstances where the personal information that we collect about you is held by a third party, we will obtain your permission before we seek out this information
from such sources (such permission may be given directly by you, or implied from your actions). From time to time, we may utilize the services of third parties and may also receive personal information collected by those third parties in the course
of the performance of their services for us or otherwise. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such third parties have represented to us that they have the right to disclose your personal information to us.
Other information that is collected when you use the Website
In addition to the personal information you may provide to us as described above, we automatically collect certain device and statistical information to make our Website work better for you. For example, we collect the IP address, network connection, the device domain used to access our Website, the operating system on your device, your device settings, the type and version of your browser, crash data, other unique device identifiers, the mobile application or website you came from to access the Website, the page you entered and exited at, any searches, pages or advertising within our Website that is viewed by that IP address and what country you are from. We use this information to monitor the performance of our Website (such as number of visits, average time spent, page views) and for our business purposes such as working to continually upgrade our Website.
First party Cookies are Cookies set by the website that you are visiting. Only that website can read them. In addition, a website might potentially use external services, which also set their own cookies, known as third-party cookies.
Persistent Cookies are Cookies saved on your computer and that are not deleted automatically when you quit your browser, unlike a session Cookie, which is deleted when you quit your browser.
We use the following Cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These are Cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, Cookies that enable you to remember information you have typed into an online form.
- Statistics/Performance Cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting/Marketing Cookies. These Cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Canopy Rivers also utilizes your IP information to determine the city that you are in. Subsequent, location information is only collected if you input further details into your profile that is relevant to the activities for which you intend to use the Website.
When you arrive on our Website or App, we will ask you whether or not you consent to us placing Cookies on your device. If you accept Cookies but later change your mind and wish to withdraw your consent, you can do so by modifying your browser settings. If you choose to decline Cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our Website.
Most internet browsers allow you to remove or manage Cookie functions and adjust your privacy and security preferences. For information on how to do this, access the “help” menu on your internet browser or visit
https://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-control-cookies/. Please note that disabling our Cookies may result in your inability to take full advantage of all of the features of our Website.
Why do we collect personal information?
We only collect information from you that is necessary to provide you with the products and services available through our Website and which enables us to manage, maintain, and develop our operations. For example, we collect information in order to:
- establish, maintain and manage our relationship with you, including by contacting you, so that we may provide you with any services or communications (e.g., our newsletter or investor presentation) that you have requested;
- allow you to participate in, subscribe to or otherwise receive services and communications from us;
- be able to comply with your requests (e.g., if you prefer to be contacted at a business or residential telephone number and advise us of your preference, we will use this information to contact you at that number);
- understand your preferences and tailor communications and services to you and to send you information about Canopy Rivers and its affiliates’ portfolios, news, media coverage, events, filings and investor matters, as applicable;
- protect Canopy Rivers against error, fraud, theft and damage to our Website, assets or other properties;
- conduct analysis and evaluations to understand usage and trends to improve our Website, services, communications and operations;
- enable us to comply with applicable laws or regulatory processes; and
- any other reasonable purpose to which you consent.
By consenting to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information through our Website you allow us to fulfill the purposes for which we collect your personal information. When we collect your information for research and development purposes, we ensure that any information used for our analysis and reports will be de-identified and aggregated in a manner that will not identify you.
We will collect your express consent prior to sending you any commercial electronic messages, unless an exception to obtaining your opt-in consent applies under Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation. You will have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving commercial electronic messages at any time.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information:
- as permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements;
- for any additional purposes for which we have obtained your consent to use your personal information.
We may use your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so.
When do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates (including our portfolio companies) and our respective employees, contractors, consultants, service providers and other parties who require such information to assist us with managing our relationship with you, including third parties that provide services to us or on our behalf. For example, we use third party service providers to assist us with our marketing and advertising activities and communications and these service providers may send you communications on our behalf.
Finally, your personal information may be disclosed:
- as permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements;
- to comply with valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders;
- as part of Canopy Rivers’ regular reporting activities under applicable law to protect the rights and property of Canopy Rivers;
- during emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons; and
- for any additional purposes for which we have obtained your consent to disclose your personal information.
Your consent is important to us.
It is important to us that we collect, use or disclose your personal information only when we have your consent to do so. Depending on the sensitivity of the personal information, your consent may be implied, deemed (using an opt-out mechanism) or express. We may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required to do so by applicable law or regulatory requirements.
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual obligations and reasonable notice, by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact information set out below. All communications with respect to such withdrawal or variation of consent should be in writing and addressed to our Privacy Officer. If you withdraw or vary your consent, we may not be able to provide you with the communications and/or services you request through our Website. For example, if you would like to receive our newsletter, but are not willing to provide your email address, we will not be able to fulfil your request.
How is your personal information protected?
Canopy Rivers will endeavour to maintain commercially reasonable physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate based on the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or destruction.
The security of your personal information is important to us. Please advise our Privacy Officer immediately of any incident involving the loss of or unauthorized access to or disclosure of personal information that is in our custody or control.
Updates to your personal information.
It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If your personal information happens to change during the course of our relationship, please keep us informed of such changes. To advise us of any changes, please use the “Update your preferences” link at the bottom of our email communications. If you would like unsubscribe from our email communications, please use the “Unsubscribe from this list” link which is also included in all of our email communications.
In some circumstances we may not agree with your request to change your personal information and will instead append an alternative text to the record in question.
Access to your personal information.
You can ask to access the personal information that we have received from or possess about you. If you want to review, verify or correct your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer. Please note that any such communication must be in writing.
When requesting access to your personal information, please note that we may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information that we hold about you. We may charge you a fee to access your personal information; however, we will advise you of any fee in advance. If you require assistance in preparing your request, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Your right to access the personal information that we hold about you is not absolute. There are instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide some or all of the personal information that we hold about you. In addition, the personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. In the event that we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will endeavour to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Retention of personal information.
We don’t keep your personal information forever. We keep your personal information as long as is reasonably necessary for us to complete our dealings with you,
or as may be required by law, whichever is longer.
Links to third-party websites.
Our Website may contain links to other websites that may be subject to less stringent privacy standards. These links are provided for your convenience only and you
assume all risk for clicking these links to other websites. We cannot assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of the third parties
that operate these websites. Canopy Rivers is not responsible for how such third parties collect, use or disclose your personal information. You should review
the privacy policies of these websites before providing them with personal information.
Questions or concerns?
Canopy Rivers Corporation
40 King Street West, Suite 2504
Toronto, Ontario M5H 3Y2
Attention: Privacy Officer
**If you choose to communicate with us via email, please be aware that email is not a 100% secure medium for sending any personal or confidential information to us. **